Wednesday 9 May 2012

So.. I'm going to America.



Well here is my 'blog'.. I thought that I would start this to keep you all up to date on what I'm doing and where I'm going on my travels!

First of all I thought I'd let you all know about the process of actually getting to this point...

As you know I normally go to Greece to work in Faliraki on Rhodes Island for the summer months, where I  have spent the last two seasons and made some fantastic friends, so in a sense I'm gutted I'm not going back again this year!


 Whilst in 'Raki last year, I met my favorite friend Jemma.. after arriving back in the UK we were discussing what we were going to do in 2012, and both realised that whilst we loved being in Greece, we wanted to spread our wings a little bit further.

After looking at different places including Australia and different parts of the states, we decided that going through a company would work out better and be alot cheaper than trying to do it all ourselves!

First of all our thoughts took us to Camp America, and whilst that was fantastic for Jemma, with her 50,000 years of child care experience I wasnt good enough for them! Their loss!

After deciding that it was to much like hard work.. Jemma yelled at me, and I decided to try another route.. this is when I discovered CCUSA, after filling out thousands of forms I had an interview and that went fab! I was in!!!! This lead to a long, looonnnnnggg wait to hear from a camp that I had been placed with them!

The news arrived one friday evening as I was getting ready for a night out on the town, so this gave me another reason to party!

I recieved an email from my camp leader Heidi, at Camp Menzies, a girl scout camp, in CALIFORNIA!!!! She said that with my previous experiance in cadets that they would love me to be a Camp Leader, this was brill news for me as I lurvee to be in charge ;)

After recieveing a few bits and bobs from camp, I had to choose which trail I wanted to be on, and I thought the best thing for me was a Performing Arts trail! As I love all things dramatic along with singing and dancing, this suited me down to the ground!

I had to go to London to apply for my J1Visa, so that was an excuse for a night out!
I then had to go to Leeds for a Pre-departure meeting, which is where I bumped into my old pal Laura Tolley, whom I went to primary school with and havent seen for yearss! So that was fun and games!

I am having to fly from Heathrow airport, and my flight is at 11:30am, so the easiest way to do that, was to fly from Manchester to Heathrow on the 29th which only cost £32 with BMI and have booked a night in the Heathrow airport Premier inn for only £39... BARGIN!
I fly on the wednesday morning and land in LAX and will then fly on to Sacremento, which is 2 hours away from my camp.

I am now 20 days away from the start of my journey and I cant wait!!
Feel free to add me on Skype so we can have some cheeky chats when I'm over there, and remember I will be 5 hours behind.
anna_warburton

So keep in touch, and keep reading my Blog for all the latest news, scandal and gossip from the States!



 Anna xx

2 comments:

  1. we are going to have so much fun!!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! :) wooooo!! I just want to go now! I'm so sick of England! X

    ReplyDelete